Sitter Badges Are Tools You Can Trust
You're on the search for your new favorite babysitter.
At SitterTree, we know your family has its own unique needs, so we created Sitter Badges to make finding that dream sitter a cinch.
Sitter Badges are easily identifiable icons on your provider's profile. Sitter Badges show off a range of key competencies that can help you determine which provider will be the best fit for your family.
The best part?
Each Sitter Badge represents experience or certification by organizations you know and trust, like American Red Cross.
How to Use Sitter Badges
- Take a look at what each Sitter Badge means below.
- Determine which Sitter Badges are most important to you and your family. (Pro tip: there's no limit!)
- Open the SitterTree app to book a child care provider.
- Keep an eye out for specific Sitter Badges on each provider's profile as you make your selection.
You're one step closer to finding your dream sitter!
How Sitter Badges Work
- When a sitter applies with SitterTree, they clear national criminal, MVR, and sex offender background checks performed by Checkr before viewing any job with your family. (All sitters must earn their Background Check Badge).
- Then, sitters earn optional Badges based their unique skill sets.
- Each Badge earned is based on verified certifications, trainings, and vaccinations.
Sitter Badges give you confidence when booking a qualified, trustworthy sitter. Now, go take that date night!
What Sitter Badges Mean
SPECIAL NEEDS CERTIFIED
Certified to work with children with special needs. Certifications include
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT),
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Special Education Teaching Certificate
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- Other Special Needs Certifications and Experience
NEWBORNS AND INFANTS
Experience with children 0-6 months. This includes providers who are parents or grandparents, as well as those with previous experience as a sitter, nanny, or child care professional.
Experience tutoring, coaching, mentoring and/or providing emotional support to children.
CHILD PROTECTION PLEDGE
A personal commitment to protect children when it comes to technology and photography.