With a DECAL Badge, you can make $150+ per day as a substitute at Georgia preschools and early learning centers.
Earning a DECAL Badge takes your child care to the next level.
It clears you to provide child care in professional settings at preschools and early learning centers in Georgia.
If you want to gain experience in working with children in preschools, the DECAL Badge is for you.
What is the DECAL Badge?
- You can earn the DECAL Badge on the SitterTree app. It shows that you, as a child care provider, are eligible to pick up jobs at preschools and early learning centers in Georgia.
- DECAL stands for Department of Early Care and Learning. This agency is is responsible for meeting the child care and early education needs of Georgia's children and their families.
- Getting a DECAL Badge means you have cleared the DECAL Background Check as required by the state of Georgia to provide child care in preschools and early learning centers. Note: This badge is for Georgia-based providers only.
Why should I get my DECAL Badge?
- All preschools and early learning centers offer a minimum rate of $17/hr. Most jobs are 9 hours or more.
- You can book jobs in professional environments at Georgia preschools and early learning centers.
- You can become a substitute care provider.
- You can secure part-time and/or full-time care jobs.
- You can earn valuable classroom experience. This is important if you're earning a degree in Early Childhood Education, Nursing, Special Education, or Psychology.
I’m in. How do I get started?
Glad you asked. It’s SO simple…and takes less than 30 minutes total.
- Search "SitterTree" as the facility. (It's one word, no spaces!) Leave everything else blank.
- Submit your information.
- Check your email for next steps to make a fingerprinting appointment.
2. Get fingerprinted Fingerprints are processed in 1-3 business days.
3. We'll send you a text when we add your DECAL badge to your SitterTree account. Then, you can apply to substitute, full-time and part-time positions at Georgia preschools.