Cancellations happen. But, they shouldn’t happen often. Cancellations affect how families view our reliability. Cancellations are reserved for cases of illness or emergency.
What if I need to cancel a job?
Cancellations should always be made from your dashboard, as soon as you know you need to cancel. In the case of a last-minute cancellation, cancel on your dashboard, then contact the Assigning Coordinator.
Will I be charged for canceling a job?
Yes, you will be charged the following rates for cancellations:
- $10 - Cancellation made anytime after assignment
- $25 - Cancellations made within 3 hours of job start
- $35 - Cancellations made within 1 hour of job start
- $45 - Cancellation made after a job has started
What is considered a last-minute cancellation?
A last-minute cancellation is any cancellation made within 12 hours of a job start time.
What if I am ill/have an emergency and need to cancel last-minute?
As with all cancellations, you should cancel on your dashboard, first. Do not wait until right before the job, hoping you will feel better. After canceling on your dashboard, text the Assigning Coordinator so an Alternate Sitter may be assigned.
- If your illness or an emergency affects multiple upcoming bookings within 48-72 hours, it will be counted as one last-minute cancellation. (For example, Susie canceled her Tuesday job due to illness. After a doctor appointment, she was diagnosed with the flu. As a result, Susie had to cancel her Thursday and Friday jobs. This will only be counted as one cancelation.)
- If you cancel last-minute (within 12 hours) due to illness or emergency, the Assigning Coordinator may cancel and reassign any/all upcoming jobs within 48-72 hours.
What happens if my account is terminated due to multiple cancellations?
If a sitter's account is terminated due to repeat cancellations, the Assigning Coordinator will cancel all future jobs assigned to the sitter.