After completing your job, log into the SitterTree app to submit the start and end times within 12 hours. Submit the actual start and end times for each job to avoid payment delays . You will receive payment for the full amount of time booked, even if the job ends early. In addition, you will receive payment for additional time worked if you agree to extend the hours of your job.
After submitting the start and end time for your job, families and groups have 24 hours to complete (or dispute) payment. Once payment is complete, SitterTree will charge your client and deposit the payment to your account, less a Service Fee.
Is there a cost to join SitterTree?
Joining SitterTree is free. There are no monthly fees. All sitters are required to order, complete, and pay for a Background Check before applying to any job.
How much will I be paid?
You will earn an hourly rate offered by a family or group for each job, less a Service Fee. Log in to view job details and ensuring all job terms and hourly rates offered are acceptable prior to applying.
When will I get paid?
Payment for each job is completed 24 hours after you submit your time. Visit Past Jobs to view the payment details for your job, including the exact time payment for each job will be completed.
How do I withdraw my payment?
Log in to the SitterTree app, and click your balance to securely withdraw funds to your bank account.
Is there a fee to use the SitterTree app?
You will be charged a Service Fee for each job you complete to cover the cost of running our platform and providing SitterTree Support. Service Fees are based on a percentage of the Provider Fee you earn, excluding any tip. You will receive 100% of tips you earn.
How do I update my bank account or payout method?
You can securely update your bank account or payout method at any time from your Stripe Payout account.
- In the SitterTree app, click Payment on the side menu
- On the Balance page, click Manage Payout Account."
- Enter your verification code to access your Stripe Payout account. Then, click the profile icon.
- In your profile, click SitterTree under Payout Details
- Finally, click the pencil icon next to your current payout method to update your card.
If you no longer have access to your old payment method, you will need to "verify your identity."
Similar to a bank account, SitterTree does not have access to your payout account. For additional assistance email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will SitterTree withhold taxes for me?
No. SitterTree does not collect or withhold taxes. By January 31st of each year, SitterTree will provide you a Form 1099-NEC if you received $600 or more in payments during the previous calendar year from jobs booked through the SitterTree app.
What if a family or group tries to pay me directly - not on the SitterTree app?
Paying and communicating through SitterTree contributes to a safe and secure experience, which is why we made it a requirement in our Terms of Service.
When a payment takes place outside of SitterTree, there won't be a record of it. That means your earnings won't accurately be reported and our Support team won't be able to assist you is payments are delayed or incorrect. Accepting payments outside of SitterTree may also lead to account closure.
If you mutually agree to work with a family or group outside of the SitterTree app, the family/group will incur a Finders Fee. If they do not want to pay a Finder's Fee, we recommend you confirm your availability and request they post a job and book you through the SitterTree app.
Keep your information secure by requiring payment on the SitterTree app - not via check, cash, or a payment website. If a user insists on paying you outside of SitterTree, you can privately share your experience with our support team when reviewing the job.
Can SitterTree provide an employment verification or act as a reference for me?
No. SitterTree does not employ any sitter and cannot verify employment or serve as a reference.
How fast is “instant”?
Nearly 6,000 banks in the US support Instant Payouts and in practice, ~99% of payouts are available within minutes. Due to differences across banks, the other 1% are usually available within a few hours or the next 1-2 business days.
Are there any fees to request an Instant Payout?
Yes, you will be charged 3% per Instant Payout. In addition, you must transfer at least $.50.
Why won't Instant Payouts work for me?
In order for instant payouts to work, your bank must accept them and you must link a debit card to your account.
Are Instant Payouts available outside of the U.S.?
No, Instant Payouts are currently only available to service providers with debit cards issued by U.S. banks.
Finally, please note that the Stripe Connect Platform Agreement includes special terms for Instant Payouts, and your continued use of this new feature means that you accept and agree to this updated version of the Agreement.